Hot ladies want casual sex Oceanside Hot ladies want casual sex Oceanside Register Login Contact Us

Murchison married and lonely

Horny Women Search Find Sex

Murchison married and lonely

Online: Now


Respond with Relationship in the subject along with ano no response no white mans please. Hey I'm simply looking for a cool, Down to earth girl who wants to hang out and see where it goes.

Relationship Status:Single
Seeking:I Looking Horny People
Relation Type:Recently Seperated Single Mom Looking For A Beautiful Rich Woman

Murchison married and lonely

Wives Want Real Sex TX Mesquite 75182

Sound reasonable. I am on the larger size and have large breasts. I lonelu foreplay I would like to finger fuck you as licl your clit and make you cum on my fingers.

Can't Sleep and Horny Up and can't sleep Are u bored. You must be drugdisease free,as i am also drugdisease free any age is fine. Do you often catch yourself daydreaming about making love. ( maybe in hopes to eventually find the right person to build a relationship with. I'm boobiesuming it was directed at me but I have no idea why. I'll marry you for your blue Card for 25k I'm twenty five, five eleven, one hundred eighty pounds, gay, single white male.

These histories were written by members of the Fayette County Historical Commission. They first appeared in the weekly column, "Footprints of Fayette," which is published in local newspapers. Fayette County, established in , was named in honor of the Marquis de Lafayette. Lafayette, born in , was orphaned at the age of 13, joined the French army as a cadet, and three years later married into nobility. However, Lafayette contacted an American agent in Paris and secured a commission as a major general in the Continental Army.

The King issued an arrest warrant for Lafayette, but he left for America with eleven other European officers in May of By July, Lafayette had begun a life long friendship with George Washington, so much that Lafayette would name a son after him in later years. Lafayette commanded Revolutionary troops in numerous battles, wintered at Valley Forge, was wounded once, and was instrumental in the final battle of the American Revolution at Yorktown in which Lord Cornwallis surrendered the British Army.

While many generals would have commanded from a safe place, Lafayette was always in the thick of battle with his soldiers.

His respect of the ordinary working and fighting man would last for decades. Returning to France after the American Revolution, politics had changed. He began his career as a politician during the French Revolution against the King.

In the new government, with assistance from Thomas Jefferson, he presented the draft of a Declaration of the Rights of Man, which borrowed heavily from the American Declaration of Independence. Elected vice president of the Assembly, he spoke in favor of abolishing titles of nobility and renounced his own, though he was forever addressed as the Marquis. Lafayette was chosen as commander of the Paris militia, which he named the Garde Nationale.

With the French Revolution spinning out of control, Lafayette spoke out on the excesses being committed, causing the new government to brand him a traitor. With the assistance of the American ambassador, Lafayette attempted to escape to America, but was arrested and spent five years in prison. The French revolutionaries demanded that his wife be sent to the guillotine, but the American ambassador threatened economic sanctions against France, so she was sent to prison with Lafayette instead, where future U.

The French political tides changed and he was released through the efforts of American authorities in In , after the fall of Napoleon, he reentered public life advocating measures to advance the power of the people and representative government. Embarking on a 15 month tour through the 24 states comprising the U. The states of New York and Maryland made him an honorary citizen. In , Congress granted him honorary U. Counties, towns, lakes, rivers, a mountain, schools, parks and streets were named after Lafayette or his French residence, La Grange.

Wherever he went, large crowds of citizens cheered him and celebrations were held. The American citizens manufactured a variety of objects, including furniture, pipes, purses, flasks and money with his likeness imprinted on them. Presently there are over entities in the U. In , Lafayette passed away in France at the age of Anticipating his death, dirt from the Bunker Hill was sent to France and covered his casket; more towns and counties responded by adopting his name.

The Rabb family was from Pennsylvania. It is quite possible that the Rabb family had personal contact with Lafayette. At the same time that America was being consumed by Lafayette fever, immigrants from this America were settling the future Fayette County. His death in occurred during the forming of the La Grange area.

Their admiration of this personification of freedom and the common man inspired the naming of Fayette County, Fayetteville, La Grange, and the local Masonic Lodge. When the town of La Grange was being planned, the streets were named after American and Texian heroes, i.

The naming of this county and its towns over years ago manifests itself in the independent spirit which is Fayette County today. La Grange, Fayette County—names many of us use daily and know well. It was the name the Marquis de Lafayette gave to his chateau thirty miles east of Paris. Fayette, La Grange—it is obvious that our forefathers name our county after this man, and our county seat after his home.

Why would a French nobleman merit such recognition and respect from circa q Texans? It's a long story that goes well beyond the space allowed here. In short, at nineteen Lafayette, whose wife was related to Louis XVI, went to America to become George Washington's aid during the revolution To Washington, who seems to have had the loneliest job in our history next to Abraham Lincoln, drew strength from Lafayette's total loyalty, his ear for staff intrigue, and most of all, his connections in Paris.

Benjamin Franklin not withstanding, without Lafayette the alliance with France, which proved Engand's undoing, would most likely not have happened. Returning home after our victory, Lafayette, to the detriment of his own fortune, promoted the idea of revolution in France, but during the Reign of Terror almost lost his head along with the rest of the French aristocracy.

As a prelude to the huge fiftieth anniversary celebration of our independence in , President James Monroe and Congress made Lafayette an honorary U. Citizen and invited him to visit. In what he called his Farewell Tour, an aged Lafayette traveled our country by carriage, visiting all twenty-four states in , greeted everywhere he went by large crowds, parades, speeches, gifts, parties, and places named after him.

Lafayette died in and was buried in France in American soil, which he had taken home with him at the end of his farewell tour. The name, Lafayete, or Fayette appears almost times as a place name in the United States.

Fifty-seven are populated places, such as towns and counties, a fitting tribute to who has been, by far, America's most famous foreigner. Perhaps Washington's words in a letter to Lafayette dated April 28, express our own feelings toward him as well:. Go west young man, go west! Gold fever attacked men in epidemic proportions, stealing away their sensibilities and filling their heads with dreams of prosperity.

Thousands of men ventured westward in search of their fortunes with seemingly little forethought about the perils of crossing mountains and deserts to get to their destinations. There were others, however, who capitalized on the infectious malady by providing necessities to the affected multitudes who were heading west.

These entrepreneurs became wealthy while remaining safe. Upon hearing the news of the gold strike, men in Fayette County were also infected by the fever and were soon laying down their plows and leaving their weeping families, some never to return.

The son of John Murchison, who lived in the Fayetteville area, was determined to not be left behind. On March 31, , he advertised in a local newspaper that he was recruiting men to join him on his journey to California. Approximately 42 men responded and joined Murchison with the hope that they would beat the odds and come home with a fortune in gold. As they journeyed to California, the group divided at times or joined with other groups as they struggled to find a safe route through the rugged terrain that oftentimes hindered their progress.

Bad weather, lack of water, food and supplies, poisonous snakes and Indian attacks were constant threats. Unfortunately, John Murchison was not one of the lucky ones! He died of an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound and was buried where he died, never to be found again. It was fortunate, however, that two men, Samuel P.

Birt and John B. Cameron, kept fairly detailed journals of their adventures that began on May 1, with a total of 43 men and seven wagons. Six months later on November 10, , the company finally reached its destination in California with ten men and three wagons, due to the other men venturing off alone or joining other groups. The names of the others who may have returned are unknown. Helble and Brendle were listed among the remaining ten men in The La Grange Company at the end of their trip.

Laferre was not listed, so undoubtedly, he was one of those who left the group somewhere along the route. It seems that Helble and Brendle, who left their families for up to four years, were not as successful with their gold-seeking adventures as Laferre, who came back to Texas with a sizeable fortune within two years. Jacob Laferre of French descent was born in in Bavaria, Germany.

He immigrated to the U. It is quite possible that since both ladies were 19 years old, they could have been twin sisters. They had four children together: Jake , born in , who married Louise Stoecker; Charles A. Caroline Laferre died in , perhaps after the birth of Adolf. Laferre married his third wife, Fredericke Kaase, in Deed records show that Laferre purchased and sold multiple tracts of land in the areas around Ross Prairie, Ellinger, Fayetteville, Biegel and Rutersville, as well as along Cummins Creek east of Fayetteville.

Family tradition states that he concealed his money for a long while after returning from California, but records show that he was a money lender for a large number of people who were wanting to purchase land, but who had insufficient funds. One of his tracts of land at Ross Prairie was sold to Henry Eilers, who established a cemetery on this land for his family.

Laferre and his family continued to live on a nearby farm. When Frederike Laferre died in , she was buried in the Eilers Cemetery.

Jacob Laferre died at age 77 on August 26, and was buried next to Frederike. Obviously, his success in the gold fields of California had a ripple effect for his family, friends and acquaintances, all of whom benefitted from his good fortune and generosity.

Fayette County's rural carriers have traveled "on the route" for nearly years. In the early days, before Texas was annexed to the United States, post-riders carried mail between San Antonio and the viceroy of Spain in Mexico City.

Mail carriers were mostly Indian runners, weather-hardened men of great physical endurance. Mail bound for points other than Mexico was carried horseback from Texas to Louisiana or Mississippi, then forwarded to its destination in the States.

The first regular postal system for Texas was inaugurated in December , during the Presidency of General Sam Houston. But the Republic had no finances to adequately establish the system.

The first Congress of Texas authorized the postmaster general to solicit funds from the public, and mail carriers were often paid in land. Financial worries were not the only drawback to the early postal system. Bad roads, few bridges, and highwaymen lurking in out-of-the-way places posed enormous problems to the carrier. After entering the Union in , Texas was partly relieved of the responsibility of mail delivery when the state postal system became part of the national system.

Longer routes were established, and much of the mail was carried in stagecoaches. Around the turn of the century, the federal post office began experimenting with a mail delivery system with shorter routes, a system that could greatly benefit people living in the country.

To alleviate the problem, and to make mail accommodations as complete as possible, the federal government established several test routes to determine the feasibility of a rural delivery system.

American History Timeline

He joined the Canadian Navy in September , where his career spanned 27 years including two tours during the Korean War.

In , he retired as a Warrant Officer but remained a lifetime member of the Chiefs' and P. He then joined Canada Post in and remained there for the next 14 years. Don was an avid golfer and sports enthusiast, enjoying years as a spectator of his sons and grandkids both in baseball and soccer.

He enjoyed his spring trips to Arizona as well as numerous trips to Disneyland with the grandkids. There were many years of laughs and good memories at the house with neighbours and lifetime friends met through the military and sports. The family wishes to thank Dr. We would also like to thank our friends and family for their thoughtfulness during this difficult time.

Don was small in stature but large in life, and we will miss that quick sense of humour. No service at Don's request. Dad, in your next journey, don't be flipping the cheeseburgers. You will be missed. Beloved husband of the late Peggy Alexander is survived by his brother Jack Finan and many nieces and nephews. He had a love of sports and travelling, staying physically fit through aerobics, skating and swimming in the family pool.

Many thanks to Dr. Ambis, the nurses and PSW team at Pine Villa nursing home for all their wonderful care over the past 4 years. E at Kenilworth on Sunday, August 13, from p. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at St. Interment to take place at a later date at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.

Memorial donations may be made to a charity of your choice. Born in Penticton, raised in Hedley, he served his country in the Navy during the war. He attended UBC in Engineering. Also served on faculty at VST. Dad met mum in through her piano teacher, Mr. They were married in Our parents exemplified the cherishing part of their wedding vows.

Their loving marriage has been an example to their daughters, Heather, Christine and Muriel. Tsia, and the doctors and the nurses at Delta Hospital for their superb care. Funeral Service will be held on Saturday, August 19, at 2: Yes, there will be chocolate. Loving husband of the late Mary nee Brick. Brother of the late Rose Haga, and family.

Jack was a decorated war hero, an avid fisherman, a skilled gardener, a huge Toronto Blue Jays fan and an all-around generous gentleman who loved his family very much.

Captain Jack will be missed by his loving family, dear friends, and caring neighbours. Wayne was born in Halifax on Oct 6th, He was predeceased by his parents Edward and Iris Ramsay. Wayne was one of six children, with the youngest, Richard, being his loyal caregiver during the last couple of years of Wayne's life.

Wayne is survived by his biological children: Jamie, Shauna and Jody, also of New Brunswick. Wayne was also the grandfather of too many children to mention: Wayne grew up in Halifax and he loved playing baseball in the commons as a young boy.

Later in his life, he would bring his children to the commons and play. He joined the Navy at a young age and then became a porter in the Victoria General Hospital. Wayne did the best he could given his life circumstances and conquered many obstacles throughout his journey. He took great pride in his children. He adored that his boy was a boxer. He was extremely proud for fathering such beautiful girls. Although Wayne appeared to have a "chip on his shoulder", he had a very soft soul. During his later years, he admitted to many of his faults and asked for forgiveness.

He regretted not being able to be a better father to all of his children and stepchildren. During the last few years of Wayne's life, he enjoyed his humble abode with a beautiful view of the water from his balcony. There will not be a service dedicated to Wayne, however, cremation will be taken place this week and Wayne's ashes will be spread in the Ocean and at a "secret" spot where he spent many days as a child. Gord was born and raised in Port Mann, and that is where he and wife Yvonne raised their family.

In their retirement years, Gord and Yvonne loved camping and that special drink around the campfire. Gord loved people and people loved Gord.

Gord is survived by Yvonne, his wife and best friend for 68 years; two sons, Terry Charlene and Gordy Jr. No service by request. He will be missed by his wife Anne Webster, son Gord Webster, daughter-in-law Dawn Webster and many friends and cousins. He was very proud of his navy service. As in life we're sure he's riding his motorcycle through heaven's gates.

With the assistance of the Navy he'll be taking one last voyage to sea. For those who like him enjoyed a wee dram, next time you pour your favorite, join us in toasting him fair voyage. Born in Aklavik, N. He was a graduate of the College Militaire Royal de St. He served on several naval ships prior to his career as a helicopter pilot. Colin and Nancy enjoyed retirement in Greenhill Parrsboro where Colin, a voracious reader, enjoyed his books and the beauty of his surroundings.

A farewell gathering will be held at the Ottawa House, Parrsboro from 2 - 4 p. Committal will take place at a later date. Portrait of Lt F. He began his East Coast career with the Okanagan, but spent the rest of his sailing days on the Onondaga until he was 'dry-docked' and unable to continue sailing.

He was a replacement stoker on Okanagan and was on her when she collided with RFA Grey Rover on July of ; he only got to meet his youngest daughter a month after she was born because of the incident. He continued to serve as a training instructor various courses at Shearwater.

After his discharge he spent his remaining years working with the Halifax Bridge Commission. James on the base in Esquimalt, BC. Ed and Ruth were graced with two girls who continue to reside in the HRM. Irvin was predeceased by his wife Florence, and brother Bruce.

After serving in the Royal Canadian Navy during the Second World War, Irvin worked at a number of different jobs during his lifetime, most notably Eaton's, Canadian Aviation Electronics, and finally Canadian National Railway from which he retired in After retirement he spent many years volunteering at the Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg.

Anyone who knew Irvin was aware of his fun loving sense of humour, tireless devotion to helping others, and dedication to family.

Irvin was one of a kind and will truly be missed. Winnipeg Free Press 14 Aug He was predeceased by his son Neil, sisters, Helen and Dorothy, and brother Bill as well as countless lifetime friends.

Johns College from to after which he joined the Royal Canadian Navy and served in the Second World War as a communications officer seeing action on the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean.

Mom and Dad met through a mutual group of friends, the group would party together and go to dances. Mom had her eye on the tall smooth talker and even warned her friends to watch him and not be swayed by his good looks and wit. Luckily Mom didn't take her own advice and after 64 years of marriage their love continued to grow.

An accomplished sales and management professional, Dad spent the majority of his working life dedicated to the automotive industry. Dad started his career as sales and district manager for Imperial Oil, a short time after he purchased the Imperial Esso Station on Portage and Mount Royal.

Dad returned to Winnipeg in to work with his lifetime friends at Birchwood Motors and in he became President and General Manager at National Toyota. Dad operated a number of dealerships until he opened his own business, Woodhaven Toyota in Dad's long time passion was selling cars.

He returned to Birchwood Motors to work with his lifelong friend Robert Chipman where for 31 years he took care of thousands of repeat customers until an unfortunate broken hip forced his retirement at age Dad continued to have customers call him at home where he would take the information and pass it onto his longterm sales partners, Steve Mestrovic and Dennis Verrier.

A natural athlete, Dad participated in many sports excelling in swimming. In he won the Canadian Title competing in a three mile lake race and many other events across Canada. Dad combined his love of family and nature by always ensuring we had a place to enjoy at the lake.

Seasonal trailer sites at Falcon and then Granite Lake led to the purchase of the family cottage in at Granite Lake, Ontario where we have had many years of great memories. We are very fortunate to share the lake with many great neighbours, Mom and Dad's longtime friends, Bob and Edna Convey on one side and 46 years of friendship with family's on the other side with the Bailie's and the Ainley's.

Dad enjoyed swimming to the neighbour's docks for a visit. With his strong front crawl he covered the distance in no time, even his last swim two summers ago. Dad also enjoyed sailing with his sisters and brother and fishing with the boys. We will remember Dad for many things, his great physical and mental strength, his love for family and friends, his kindness and willingness to understand and support, to see beyond the negative and encourage and develop the positive, as well as his determination and drive to stay focused on all of the good things in life.

In his last few days he repeated many times, "Love, Family, Friends, Peace. As per Don's wishes, cremation has taken place. There will be a family service to follow. Flowers are gratefully declined. Dad had a soft spot for animals and if so inclined, a donation in Dad's name to the Winnipeg Humane Society would be greatly appreciated. Rest in Peace Dad, we love you! For those who wish to sign the online Guest Book please visit our website.

Winnipeg Free Press 12 Aug Cremation to follow service. Funeral arrangements have been entrusted with confidence to Maurice J. It is with great sadness we announce the passing of Danny, who we loved with all our hearts. Danny loved his daughters very much and his family. He worked hard and wanted to set a good example for his children and step children.

He loved being on the water and enjoyed hunting and fishing with his bird dogs: Danny was in the military for ten years as a Red Seal chef. He was known for his absolutely awesome seafood chowder. He was very proud of his service in the Canadian Navy. He was a great big man with an even bigger heart. He is also survived by many nieces and nephews. A funeral mass will be held at 11 am Saturday August 26, in St. A reception will follow.

Gordon the "Silver Fox" grew up in Moose Jaw, living through the depression and 'dirty 30s'. He joined the Navy in March After being discharged in August he worked various jobs while completing grade He then enrolled in UBC, earning his B.

Gordon and Audrey moved to Calgary in where they lived in the same house for 55 years. They enjoyed 65 years together. Gordon worked in the oil and gas industry and commercial real estate retiring in Gordon enjoyed politics, sports, and traveling.

Gordon will be remembered for being a loving husband, supportive father, grandfather and great-grandfather. In accordance with Gordon's wishes, cremation has taken place with no visitation or funeral ceremony. A family gathering will be planned for a later date. Our family would like to thank the staff at Lake Bonavista Village for the care our parents received while living there.

Calgary Herald 18 Aug Joined the service and spent 5 years in the Navy and 20 years in the Air Force. He retired in the Comox Valley and moved to Victoria in He has been predeceased by his grandson Michael and daughter Sharon.

In lieu of flowers, please send a donation to the Kidney Foundation. Allan will be deeply missed by his sons, Robert and Mark Deanne ; daughter, Tracy Peter and their families; stepsons, Michael and David Belinda and their families; and his wife, Valeen.

Allan was predeceased by his first wife, Gina in Allan was born in Winnipeg, MB. He started his adult life serving in the navy as signalman on a minesweeper off the West Coast of Canada. After his military service, Al, his wife, Gina and son, Robert moved back to Winnipeg where Al landed a sales position with LaFarge Canada and began a career that lasted 40 years.

Al and Gina had 2 more children, Mark and Tracy, and the family enjoyed time at their cabin and camping around Western Canada.

He was transferred to Alberta and settled in St. Albert, where he was very active in sports, coaching hockey, curling, and playing golf. As per Allan's wishes there will be no funeral. A feisty, individualistic and fearless young man, Steve joined the Canadian Navy at the age of 19, after spending several years working as a linesman for the Cape Breton Power Corporation. He was especially proud of his wartime service in Korea, for which he was recently awarded the Ambassador for Peace Medal from the Republic of Korea.

After he was honourably discharged in , he worked at the Halifax Dockyards as a rigger. Although Steve and his wife of 61 years, Anita, lived in many different places in Canada and the United States, their fondest memories centered on their years in England, where Steve trained on submarines, as well as their many excursions to their cottage in Molega Lake.

For his entire life, Steve was an ardent pigeon fancier, and won many races as a member of numerous Canadian and American pigeon clubs. He was also an enthusiastic boxing fan, having developed his passion for the sport as a talented amateur boxer in Cape Breton and the Navy. He was predeceased by his parents, Frank and Florence; his siblings, Harry and Gloria; and his beloved wife, Anita. We miss and love you always Dad.

Photo of Jack's headstone. Like most, he didn't talk a lot about the "war part" but spoke often of Navy life and life at sea. He married in Windsor, ON in and lived there until they moved to Detroit in They lived there, raising a family, right up to his passing in Beloved husband of May Tostevin, dear father of John, Ann, Lorna and Ted, and spouses; loving grandfather of 7 grandchildren.

Service included Africa, Sicily, Italy and D: Day Landings in Normandy, France. The family wishes to express sincere thanks to all the staff at the W. Palliative Residence for their compassionate care. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Palliative Residence would be greatly appreciated.

A blend of intellect, character, passion, humour, and, particularly once his kids grew up , joyfulness, he cherished being a father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He will be missed by family in Canada, Trinidad and around the world. Dad was born in Siperia, Trinidad where, at the age of 14, he left school to work in the oil fields to support his mother and eight siblings upon the illness and subsequent death of his father.

Obtaining his high school diploma through correspondence courses, he came to Winnipeg in to attend the University of Manitoba. On his second day in Canada, he met Frances Helen Brown, then a recent pharmacy graduate, whose family owned the boarding house where he would live for the next few years. Dad and Frances, our mom, married in Dad became a teacher and they had the seven of us children.

They moved to St. Norbert in where they lived and were active in the community until they became residents at Deer Lodge Centre in The Navy remained a significant part of his entire life and the Canadian Armed Forces was a source of support through his final years at Deer Lodge Centre. In the s, Dad started an apiary honey farm having learned beekeeping from his father as a child.

Sons Gerry and James spent many summers working hard at Dad's side and getting stung while the rest of us enjoyed honey comb, fresh out of the hive. In the late s and early s, while teaching English and French, Dad started writing and had two stage plays one in English and one in French produced in Winnipeg and Brandon by St.

George Atwell was an extraordinary man and we are truly fortunate to have had him as our father so long into our lives. A person of unshakeable integrity and character, along with our mother, he will remain our moral compass always. Dad was predeceased by his loving wife of almost 62 years, our mom, Frances, his sisters, Lucille, Ella and Ruth and his brothers, Arthur, Frank and Harold.

We extend our heartfelt thanks to Louise Dubois for her years of dedication to Dad as his personal caregiver. Thanks also to Deer Lodge Centre, particularly the Tower 4 staff, for our father's care over the past three years. A visitation will be held from A celebration of George Atwell's life will be held at 7: If so desired, in lieu of flowers, please make a donation in George Atwell's name to the charity of your choice. Winnipeg Free Press 22 Aug He joined the Royal Canadian Navy at age 16 serving briefly in the Halifax-Newfoundland area as a stoker, escorting convoys en route to England.

After the war, Frank was employed for 37 years at CNR. He met Betty and they married in They spent summers at their cottage at Lee River until her death. He and his dog Billy enjoyed living in Cowichan Bay. Frank was active all of his life; as a coach for boys baseball and hockey for 25 years and in the local church and senior groups in the Duncan area. A celebration of Frank's life was held in Duncan.

Come and share your memories of a life well-lived. Special thanks to niece Laura Habina for the time spent with Elmer in his final days. Elmer spent five years in Victoria while enrolled with the Navy. He moved back to Winnipeg and started his career with the CP investigation department. He retired after 30 years as a plain clothes investigator. Elmer spent his retirement travelling with his wife Barbara and spending his days with his family.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to charity of your choice. A celebration of Elmer's life will be held at At an early age Ken followed in the family footsteps and entered employment with the T. While overseas he met and married his first wife Rita and brought her back to Winnipeg where they had two children, shortly thereafter Ken was transferred to Toronto.

Within a year after arriving in Toronto Rita became sick and passed away in leaving Dad with two small children. In the family returned to Winnipeg settling back in St. It wasn't long before Dad met Bernice while she was employed at Eaton's.

They were married in and she looked after his every need for 45 wonderful years together. Ken was a lifelong member of Calvary Temple and sat on the church board for many years and was very proud of his involvement in many projects.

Dad was the ultimate arm chair athlete and always had an opinion on just about every sport. Beloved husband of Patsy nee Retzcko. Dear father of Mrs. Also survived by twelve grandchildren. Interment Heavenly Rest Cemetery. Branch will hold a Service Fri. Donations to the Charity of your choice would be appreciated as your expression of sympathy. Lloyd joined the Royal Canadian Navy in and spent a lot of his time during the second war at sea.

Then came the Korean conflict and once again he found himself shipping out. He retired from the RCN in the late nineteen fifties. He was awarded the CD as well as many more medals for his service to country. He went on to join the D. He stayed on the sidelines for about 10 minutes, as he soon took a position with the Corps of Commissionaires. After a time with them he finally retired for good. He was predeceased by his wife Goldie, parents William and Mary Harding.

Cremation has taken place and a private interment will be at a later date. There will be no public service or memorial at Lloyd's request. However donations may be made to any military benevolent fund of your choosing in memory of Lloyd for his long service to Canada. One of 12 siblings in a depression era household, Don learned early the value of consistent and reliable work habits, keen observation and clear judgment.

These were to stand him in good stead for the rest of his life. He learned water works engineering, knowledge that had practical application when he joined Royal Canadian Navy. Serving in the RCM for two decades, Don retired in as warrant officer. Don served with the RCN in Korea and joined several veteran's associations after retirement.

In , he married Gwendolyn Evenden with whom he shared a marriage of 37 years. He is survived by Fredwin, son from his previous marriage and many nephews and nieces.

Sincere sympathy is extended to all family members and friends at this time of loss of a "favorite uncle and friend". In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Don's name to a charity of your personal choice.

With unbelievably broken hearts we sorrowfully announce the sudden passing of Gordon Floyd 'Mick' Varen. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather and will be missed by those he loved.

He retired from the Royal Canadian Navy after 35 years achieving the rank of Commander after serving on the Bonaventure, Athabaskan, Algonquin, and the Annapolis as well as various postings. After retiring from that position upon completion of the project he had more time to spend doing the things he loved; kayaking, windsurfing, and canoeing were on Ponhook Lake which was one of his favorite spots to go with his family.

He spent many enjoyable weekends there teaching his grandchildren how to do those things, but learn to ride bikes and swim as well as chaperone their occasional catch and release frog hunting missions. He also liked exploring, hiking, cross country, and downhill skiing as well as playing guitar. He was born with a quick wit, and keen sense of humor not being shy to use it, always good with the comebacks.

He was a perfectionist at everything he decided to take on. He was a former member of Toastmasters, an organization dedicated to promoting public speaking skills. He received many accolades for both his speech writing and presentation abilities. He was also a member in good standing with the Probus Club. He and his wife Joanne loved to take the fall and winter traveling to the White Mountains in New Hampshire ending up at their favorite spot, Ogunquit, Me.

As well as great-grandchildren, Preston and Adrienne. Visitation will be Thursday, August 24 from p. Catherine of Siena, Bayers Road, Halifax. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Nova Scotia or charity of your choice.

Ray is also survived by several grandchildren, great-grandchildren, one great-great-grandson; a sister Ann Steylen of NB, and brother Lloyd of Victoria, BC. Predeceased by one son Fred Good in Ray was a lover of water and sailing, a Veteran of 24 years in the Royal Canadian Navy on the west coast, he went to Winnipeg to visit his mother and met his future wife. They owned and managed a restaurant for several years than went to the East coast and owned and managed a motel for several more years.

After which they moved to the West coast, first to Nanaimo than to Ladysmith where Ray continued sailing. No funeral by request. Ashes to be set free over the harbour at 11 am on Wednesday, August 23 followed by a celebration of life at the Eagles Hall, Ladysmith from 1 to 4 pm. Victoria Times Colonist 22 Aug He was predeceased by his wife Pearl. He and Pearl finally settled in Edmonton in After moving to Edmonton, Bert coached community hockey for a number of years.

When not working, he loved to curl and golf, and was a member of the Masonic Lodge. After his retirement, Bert and Pearl spent happy years escorting tours for Wiebe Tours, as well as travelling on their own.

He also devoted many hours as a driver for the Cancer Society and Meals-on-Wheels. They ultimately moved to Sunrise Village and, from there, to Churchill Manor. A Celebration of Bert's Life will be held at 2 p. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that a donation be made to your favourite charity in Bert's name. Sid was proud of his service during World War II and his ensuing career as an officer in the Royal Canadian Navy; his contribution to the establishment of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary; his time spent with Loram; his role as an advocate for veterans and founder of the Friends of the Colonel Belcher Society; his achievement as Knight in the Order of St.

John; and his participation on several provincial committees. Sid was honoured to have served his country, province and city.

His was a life well-lived in service to others. Predeceased by his son Christopher James , parents Harry Sr. Denis served in the Royal Canadian Navy until receiving a compassionate discharge, eventually joining the family businesses Poly Bag Manufacturing, and later Grainmaster Manufacturing. He often fondly recalled time spent hunting in and around Birds Hill Park before it was a park, with his life long friend Karol Miller. Family and friends were of utmost importance to Denis who organized many reunions over the years, often holding theme events such as pig roasts and luaus that everyone who attended continues to reminisce about.

He enjoyed many lifelong close friendships whom he considered as family, and it was a rare Friday night if the dining room table was not surrounded by his friends. As per Denis's wish there will be no funeral. A Celebration of Life will be held at a date to be determined.

In lieu, donations may be made to the MS Society of Manitoba, or a charity of one's choice. Born in Abernathy, Sask. He was a supervisor with Canada Post for 32 years until his retirement. He was a member of the Kiwanis Golden Oldies, a barbershopper, and a lifelong member of St.

John's United Church and enjoyed his time as scout master. Born in Digby, on December 2, , he was a son of Richard E. He had worked on the family mink farm. Tyler will be sadly missed by his family and many friends and will be forever remembered. He was predeceased by grandparents, Edmund and Josephine Mullen.

Visitation will take place from p. He lived in Victoria, BC, after his last posting at the naval base in Esquimalt. He served on the West and East coasts of Canada. He served his country with pride and honor. Thomas was loved by all his extended family. We miss him very much.

For further details contact Michael Nagel at mnagel shaw. He had three sisters; Yvonne, Marien, Anna and a brother Rodney. He was in the navy for 25 years and served aboard the Crusader during the Korean War.

He leaves behind his wife, Catherine and 4 children: Lance, Trent, Tara, Angela and Kaitlyn and great grandchildren: Addison, Rebecca, Lincoln and Lainey. John loved his sports and played football, bowling and horseshoes. He also coached hockey and baseball and was a past president of the Victoria Horseshoe Pitching Club. Special thanks to our daughter Karen for all her help during this difficult time. Private memorial with cremation to follow. May he rest in peace. Victoria Times Colonist 31 Aug He passed away on Thursday, August 24, in Regina.

Later in his life, he lost his companion Eva Janz in As a young man, Roger was very athletic and involved in sports; including hockey, baseball and football. He met Ida Orban in and they were married August 29, Together with their three children — Bill, Cathy and Suzy, their family was complete.

Shortly thereafter he began a career managing the Golden Mile Bowling Lanes, where he made many lifelong friends. He remained in the bowling business for 27 years. He enjoyed lawn bowling, and playing cards with friends. His sense of humor was second-to-none and he always had a way of making everyone around him feel welcome and comfortable.

He was very happy to tour The New Mosaic Stadium, just days before his passing -Thank you, to the City of Regina and all the people who made it possible. Thank you, to all the professional and compassionate healthcare workers, who took care of Roger, during his health issues. A very special thank you, to the Wascana Rehabilitation Centre Veteran's Unit for a true display of "a labour of love". Please arrive between 1: Words of Remembrance will begin at 2: Those so wishing may make donations in Roger's memory to: Gordon was involved in all aspects of real estate throughout his life, working until he was almost 90 years of age.

Everything he did in life, he did with passion. The family will receive friends at the Humphrey Funeral Home A. Our profound gratitude to the staff of Sunnybrook Veterans Centre, K2C, for their loving care during the last 4 years of his life. Toronto Star 29 Aug Raised in the tiny Icelandic community of Gimli, Manitoba, he didn't speak English until he was 6 years old. A child of the "dirty thirties", Lloyd worked hard from a young age, chopping wood, and cutting and selling blocks of ice from Lake Winnipeg in winter to earn 5 cents an hour.

But Lloyd also had fun swimming in Lake Winnipeg, diving off the local lighthouse, running 10 miles to compete in a local track meet, and captaining his high school track, baseball and hockey teams. In December, , Lloyd joined the Canadian Navy becoming an able seaman. He served for 3 years on a small Corvette in the North Atlantic, developing a lifelong dislike of British mutton and green peas! Between and , Lloyd also played first string right wing for the UBC Thunderbirds Varsity Hockey Team, earning one small and two big block letters.

Lloyd left Texaco in to join Atlantic Richfield. In , he started his own company Torfason Land Consulting working as a Petroleum Land Consultant, retiring in In , he married Edna Balmforth Torfason and together they raised 3 daughters. Edna was a keen skier and Lloyd had to learn to ski or be left behind. Skiing quickly became his passion, with many wonderful days spent with family and friends. Lloyd was a founding member of the Calgary Seniors Alpine Ski Club, and he skied every winter until age After Edna's death in , Lloyd spent several years on his own, before marrying long-time family friend, Lucille Turcotte Boyle, in Lucille and her large family quickly became an important part of "Grandpa T's" life, providing much company and joy.

Lloyd and Lucille travelled extensively, cruising the world's oceans with friends, until shortly before Lucille's death in Lloyd loved to tease Lucille that no matter how many trips they took, she'd never catch up to his number of days at sea!

Lloyd enjoyed reading and staying current on world events and sports. He loved to ski, cycle, curl and play hockey, as well as watch hockey and football. He was very sociable and delighted in hosting others. Although quiet, polite and reserved, Lloyd loved to tease and be teased. Lloyd truly lived "a life well loved", making many good friends and creating special memories for everyone around him. The family wishes to extend our sincere thanks to all the staff at CareWest Colonel Belcher, the Vets' Angels, and especially to Susan Hughes, Lloyd's fun and caring companion at All About Seniors, for the love, care and compassion you showed Dad in his final years.

We love you Dad and will miss you. A simple gathering to remember Lloyd is planned for late September, and will be announced at a future date. He was predeceased by his father, Ulderic; brothers, Jacques and Andre.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Royal Canadian Legion Branch Funeral service, with reception to follow, Sunday, August 13, from p. Born December 16, in Halifax, he was a son of the late Edward Sr. Edward served with the Royal Canadian Navy for 22 years, after which he worked as a stationary engineer with IMO Foods in Yarmouth until his retirement. He enjoyed gardening and reading and was an avid sports fan, especially when it came to his beloved Chicago Black Hawks and Atlanta Braves.

He is survived by his loving wife, Doreen M. Cremation has taken place under the direction of H. Huskilson's Funeral Home and Crematorium, Yarmouth. In accordance with Edward's wishes there will be no visitation or funeral service. A scattering of ashes at sea by the Canadian Navy will take place at a later date. Memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Society of Nova Scotia. Age 92, of Deerfield Beach, Fla. They married in and moved into a new home in Walter Havill subdivision off St.

Margaret's Bay Road, Armdale. Later, they moved to Sherwood Park, Rockingham. In , he moved his growing family to Deerfield Beach, where he opened Royal Stationary, which he owned from - He enjoyed playing doubles tennis with his wife, swimming and long walks. Bruce Havill, of Halifax. Interment has taken place in Florida. Born in Grimsby, Ont. Some more than once.

He then remained on the CF Supplementary list. After retirement from the Forces he spent 10 years supervising various shopping centers in the metro area. Ron was dedicated to St.

Michael's Church in Spryfield and highly active from to He loved to dance and dine with friends in 'The Mess'. He loved gardening and taking care of his home; a tinker and perfectionist, a 'Jack of all trades'. As a youth Ron was a fisherman, a semi-skilled machinist, a florist, basket-maker, bugler and a vocalist. Visitation will be held from and p. Funeral Mass to be held 10 a. Monday, August 14 in St.

Michaels Parish, 14 St. Reception to follow in the church hall. Born March 29,, in Harrow, Ont. He entered the Navy at the age of 17 and worked on several ships over his 28 years, ending his career as Chief Petty Officer First Class.

He took his knowledge of the navy and worked at Davies Shipyard during the design stage of the Frigate program and later moved to Saint John Ship Building to help oversee the construction and commissioning of the 12 Halifax Class Frigates constructed during the period of through Don later worked for a few years on the Grand Manan ferry in order to stay connected with his passion for the water.

Don's primary focus in life was family. It would be difficult to find someone that cared more about his immediate and extended families. He would drive anytime, anywhere to see his own children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters or his parents. Single words used to describe Don by his family members are: Arrangements have been entrusted to Curry Funeral Home, Antigonish.

Visitation will be held on Friday, August 18, from p. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Canadian Cancer Society. It is with great sadness we announce the passing of loving husband and devoted father Gordon Rank on August 12, in Valley Regional Hospital. Gordon retired from the Royal Canadian Navy after 39 years of service, 37 years as a Clearance Diver.

He received a Lieutenant Governor citation for bravery in He had a passion for healthy living, exercised daily, and enjoyed organic vegetable gardening. After retirement he joined a Tuesday night bowling league at Fairlanes New Minas, golfed multiple times a week at Eagle Crest and was a member of Valley Seniors Golf Association, was a proud and active Grampy, and faithfully acted as mechanic and carpenter on the many occasions his wife and daughters needed his expertise.

Special thanks to the doctors, nurses, and health care professionals in Medical B for their care and compassion. There will be no visitation by Gord's wishes. A sea burial and private family celebration will take place at a future date. Born in La Pocatiere, Que. Rod served in the Royal Canadian Navy for 22 years. A devoted fan of Rocket Richard and the Montreal Canadiens, he played goalie and mentored as a hockey coach.

He enjoyed playing darts, was a tireless community volunteer and loved spending time with his family and friends. How much of John Zaremba's work have you seen? The Time Tunnel Dr. Alfred Hitchcock Presents Dr. Show all 13 episodes. Stevenson - Deadline for Murder Stafford - Angel's Child Croyden - Return to Fantasy Island Thompson - Dead or Alive Fell - One for the Road Show all 7 episodes.

Hall - Think of Me Kindly Lalor - Deadly Pawn Singer - Breakout to a Fast Buck The Killers - Part 2 The Killing - Part 1 Impossible TV Series Dr. Jacob Bowman - The Freeze Paul Eddington - The Night of the Undead Raymond Swain - Town of Terror Show all 30 episodes. Owen - Massacre Claude Selby - Time Bomb Martin - All Ahead, Empty Jensen - A Slave Is on the Throne Show all 14 episodes.

Kessler - Episode 1. Wall - Run, Little Man, Run Hancock - Hazel Sounds Her 'A' Kildare TV Series Dr. Lenlow - The Good Luck Charm Zimmerman - Door Without a Key Wyckoff - Somebody's Waiting Cooper - The Button Down Break

Lonely Hospital at the Edge of Space: A Return to Sector General .. So although Conway and Murchison married at some point, she keeps. SEE Murchison, Vivian lone. Murchison, Janes D., Sr. OUR SECRET. Murchison, James David, Sr. SCRAMBLE. Murdoch, Betty J. LONELY CORNER. More people than ever are married yet extremely lonely. Here's what you can do about it.