The 2016 GSMA Mobile World Congress welcomed nearly 101,000 attendees from 204 countries. Highlights from the event include:
- The conference programme featured 374 speakers from mobile operators, consumer brands, mobile organisations and a variety of industries touched by the mobile market.
- More than 2,200 exhibitors showcased exciting new devices, solutions and technology. The exhibition also included 7 specialty pavilions, 40 dedicated country pavilions and the GSMA Innovation City.
- 29 industry partners led events, conferences, trainings and forums that covered nearly every imaginable topic in the mobile ecosystem.
- Developed by Mobile World Capital Barcelona and the GSMA, 4 Years From Now (4YFN)delivered an innovative programme that brought together a number of mobile entrepreneurs and start-ups to help them take their businesses to the next level.
- More than 40 Global Mobile Awards (Glomos) were awarded to game-changing products, services, devices, apps and technologies.
- ESL Expo Barcelona, held in conjunction with Mobile World Congress, showcased the exciting world of esports in front of an audience of more than 2,000 fans and an average of 700,000 online viewers.
Fun, entertainment and networking were not scarce at MWC! Interactive and engaging opportunities such as the Garmin Healthband Challenge, the Intel Drone Zone, Capture Congress, the Graffiti Wall, the MMIX, and the networking gardens kept #MWC16 trending worldwide for more than 4 days!
For detailed highlights, visit mobileworldcongress.com/2016-event-highlights and access keynotes, interviews, press conferences and showfloor highlights via Mobile World Live.