Future Health Summit, one of the largest health care events in Europe is returning to the Citywest Convention Centre on the 24th and 25th of May.
The Future Health Summit, now in its 14th year, drew in excess of 2,500 attendees last year with 25% coming from overseas to what has been dubbed the “Global Gathering for Healthcare”.
This event is the only global event of its kind that is attended by political policy makers, the public sector, the private sector, pharma & MedTech companies that come together to engage and share expertise across 13 stages over two days.
Speakers over the two day event include internationally renowned speakers such as:
- Paul Corrigan CBE, Non-Exec Director Care Quality Commission, Former Director of Strategy & Commissioning NHS London Strategic Health Authority and Former Health Policy Adviser to Tony Blair. Corrigan is credited as the man behind the Labour government's policy on "Foundation Hospitals" and has written widely about the principle of choice.
- Dr. Tracey Cooper, Chief Executive, NHS Public Health Wales and Former Chief Executive of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA). Cooper has been vocal about the Irish health system failing its patients.
- Thomas Thornton, Senior Vice President and Executive Director of Northwell Ventures, the largest private employer in New York State with 62,000 employees and 21 hospitals
- Eilísh Hardiman, CEO of the Children’s Hospital Group, Ireland. Hardiman is overseeing the integration of the three existing children’s hospitals into one organisation before transitioning to the new children’s hospital.
- Chuck Bogosta, President of UMPC. Bogosta serves as President of the International and Commercial Services Division (ICSD) of UPMC. As a leader of ICSD, he is responsible for international development efforts, including the creation of a new biomedical research center in Sicily, a leading transplant hospital in Palermo, Italy, and cancer treatment centers in Ireland.
- Prof. Arne Björnberg, Health Consumer Powerhouse, is the producer of the Euro Health Consumer Index , Europe's only regular comparative analysis of national health systems in 33 countries.
After a tumultuous 12 months for healthcare on both sides of the Atlantic topical issues that will be discussed include, Healthcare in the wake of Brexit, fallouts regarding ACA and ACHA in the United States, best practice in multiple EU and Nordic countries, as well the threats and benefits of healthcare in a digital age, for instance the rise of sexually transmitted disease on college campuses due to dating apps.
The conference organisers founded the conference when they recognised the lack of conversations and knowledge occurring between people involved in the different sectors of healthcare both nationally and on an international level.
David Neville, founder of Future Health Summit:
“The Future Health Summit is a must attend event with opportunities to network, promote your company and be part of the conversation developing the Future of Healthcare. This year we have more international health leaders and policymakers providing their contribution to resolving some of the biggest issues in Global Healthcare”.
Current Grand Marshall of the NY St. Patrick’s Day parade and previous Future Health Summit attendee Michael J. Dowling, president and chief executive officer of the Northwell Health spoke of the conference’s unique value proposition for Irish People working abroad in Healthcare, “This Conference is another one of Ireland’s global contributions. Attendance at the the Future Health Summit is highly recommended for all who wish to engage in a stimulating interchange on the future of healthcare – globally and domestically. Combined with Irish hospitality, it’s an experience not to be missed. I look forward to being there.” Dowling has for 10 consecutive years been ranked by Modern Healthcare as one the "100 Most Powerful People in Healthcare."
There are also numerous discussions taking place at the event featuring innovative health-tech startups and intriguing academic studies such as Emma Teeling, Director of the Centre for Irish Bat Research, Grace Caffola, Baby in a box - supplying the only internationally safe certified baby box on the market and Rejuvula, a brand new treatment for vaginal rejuvenation involving Dracula Therapy™.
Attendance is highly encouraged for private medical companies, health-tech startups, medical professionals, healthcare management, policy makers, HR professionals and VCs looking at MedTech for their portfolio.
The event is 6 CPD Points per day Qualified and also features the Beacon Hospital Symposium 2017 which has been accredited by EBAMP as a CPD event for Medical Physicists at EQF Level 8 and offers 15 CPD credit points.