Globo the international provider of enterprise mobility management and telecom software products and solutions, is pleased to announce the launch of GO!AppZone, a family of cloud services which supports simplified building, testing and deployment of mobile apps, powered by GO!Enterprise technology. GLOBO will be demonstrating GO!AppZone during MWC at booth #D49, Hall 8.1.
Leveraging the success of its mobile application platform in the enterprise market, GLOBO now targets the larger audience of all developers who want to rapidly build and deploy cross-platform mobile apps. The GO!AppZone offering consists of:
- GO!AppZone ShowTime, a mobile client for testing your apps on your device before deployment;
- GO!AppZone Build, a cloud compiler which produces standalone or managed mobile apps, ready for deployment on all the major mobile device platforms;
- GO!AppZone Run, a mobile backend service which simplifies connectivity with 3rd-party systems, supports customisable push notifications and enables management of deployed mobile apps.
Globo believes that GO!AppZone has the potential to make a significant contribution to this market because it combines:
- The simplicity and speed of drag-and-drop, app factory solutions;
- The granularity of device-specific Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for maximum control of device resources;
- The ability to instantly test apps on your device;
- The ability to build native mobile apps (ready for AppStore publishing) without the need for additional platform-specific SDKs (Software Developer Kit).
IDC analysts predict that the mobile application development market will continue to grow significantly in the coming years, with millions of apps serving users in numerous aspects of services, information, content and experiences in the enterprise and consumer environment. Over the course of the next 4 years the MADP (Mobile Application Development Platform) market is expected to grow substantially reaching $4.8 billion.
GO!AppZone follows the same licensing model as GO!Enterprise Reach and Mobilizer, which has already contributed significantly to the overall GO!Enterprise segment. Going forward, the addition of GO!AppZone represents a clear differentiation from rival MEM offerings to position Globo for enhanced growth in both the BYOD and Applications arenas.
Costis Papadimitrakopoulos, Chief Executive Officer of Globo commented:
"Our official entry into the MADP market commenced with the release of GO!Enterprise at the end of 2012. Since then we have built a significant understanding of the momentum of this market and we have invested significantly in creating a platform which will be open and easy to use by any developer for all kinds of apps, Enterprise or Consumer.
We are confident that GO!AppZone as a product as well as GLOBO MBS (Mobility Business Solutions) will offer significant growth potential in the future"