Investor Carl Icahn announced via twitter that he has taken a large position in Apple (AAPL) stock, sending shares up 4.5%.
Word on the Street
- Consumer spending sees biggest gain in seven months.
- Carl Icahn announces that he has a large stake in Apple (AAPL).
- CST Brands (CST) reports a 60% decline in second-quarter net income, beats expectations.
- China will soon surpass the US as the top importer of oil.
- Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Hits a Six-Year High.
- The reality of Elon Musk's proposed Hyperloop project for high-speed transportation.
"Investing is a strange business. It's the only one we know of where the more expensive the products get, the more customers want to buy them. " - Anthony Gallea