Belfast Tech MissionWe are seeking applications from Belfast-based companies working in the technology and digital-led industries to be part of a special trade mission to San Francisco and Silicon Valley, California, in October 2013.
Through the trade mission, up to 20 local companies will have the opportunity to showcase some of the new technologies and products being developed in Belfast to leading companies, investors and venture capitalists from the west coast of America.
In addition to promoting Belfast as one of the leading digitally connected cities in Europe, and a prime location for international investment, the mission aims to:
- increase the number of Belfast technology companies selling and doing business America
- increase the knowledge of Belfast Tech companies in what it takes to establish and secure venture capital funding in the US
- improve business networks and partnerships between companies in Belfast and America
- raise the profile of Belfast as an investment location and digitally connected city.
Financial supportFinancial support of up to 50% of travel and accommodation costs (up to a maximum of £1000) will be made available to selected companies.
How to applyThe Belfast Tech Mission is aimed at Belfast based digital media, software and hi-tech IT companies which offer a globally focused product or service and are considering expansion or increasing sales and investment opportunities in the west coast of America.
To qualify, your business must be located within the Belfast City Council boundary.
- Download the Belfast Tech Mission application form (Word - 1.34KB)
Completed applications must be returned by 4pm on Friday 26 July by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Belfast Tech Mission application
Belfast City Council
Cecil Ward Building
4 - 10 Linenhall Street