News from Digital Circle NI.
Halfway through Northern Ireland Creativity Month and we have more jobs and more opportunities on the web site than any time before. Many of our members have returned from Mobile World Congress, the Games Developer Conference and SxSW and many more are preparing to attend the Apple World Wide Developer Conference and the Microsoft Partner Developer Conference.
It's vitally important that everyone across the province supports the North West for the 2013 City of Culture events. The theme for the remainder of the year is simple: All Roads Lead to Derry/Londonderry.
Also, this week, Digital Circle will be giving evidence to the Culture, Arts and Leisure Committee based on the submission made to the Inquiry into the Creative Industries.
Today, the Exchequer announced today in the 2012 Budget that Northern Ireland would be consider a Special Enterprise Zone to promote business in the region and advised the industry that they would be (with EU approval) implementing tax credits for Games, Animation and High End Television production (Drama).
THE DIGITAL CONTENT STRATEGY 2012-2015
Finally, this week we are inviting all members to come and participate in a workshop regarding the submission of the Digital Content Strategy 2012. The strategy document, prepared by industry members, needs additional ratification by a wider audience.
At the event, attendees will be asked to provide feedback and vision on the digital content strategy in particular regard to the following topics.
- Leadership and Communication (between industry, academia and government)
- Investment and Funding (from seed intervention to venture capital)
- Skills and Training (and ensuring a supply chain of knowledge workers)
- Export and Internationalisation (and whether our current programme is suitable)
- Incubation and Acceleration (and whether we are creating the right environment)
The Internet of Things
- Thu, 22 March from 12:30 to 13:15 at Belfast Metropolitan College, Belfast
Open Coffee Limavady
- Thu, 22 March from 18:00 to 20:00 at Cafe Piazza, Limavady
Digital Content Strategy 2012 - 2015 - Date for your diary
- Fri, 23 March from 08:00 to 12:00 at The Academy, Belfast
events/digital-content- strategy-2012-2015-date-for- your-diary
Crafty Coffee - Networking / Meet up
- Fri, 23 March from 08:30 to 10:30 at Crafty Devil, Belfast
- Fri, 23 March from 14:00 to 16:00 at Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast
Museums and the Creative Industries
- Tue, 27 March from 10:30 to 13:30 at Northern Ireland Museums Council, Belfast
Ruby without Rails
- Tue, 27 March from 18:30 to 21:30 at 21 Social, Belfast
- Fri, 30 March from 09:30 to 16:00 at MEDIA ZOO , Belfast
Film Premiere of the C Project Films and 'Coast'
- Sat, 31 March from 16:00 to 17:00 at Odeon Cinema, Belfast
Open Innovation: Best Practices
- Mon, 02 April from 09:00 to 12:00 at Riddel Hall, Belfast
Design Thinking the IDEO Way
- Mon, 02 April from 14:00 to 16:00 at Riddel Hall, Belfast
Exploiting Web 2.0 to Boost Innovation
- Tue, 03 April from 09:00 to 12:00 at Riddel Hall, Belfast
Business Pillar: How to Deliver More Effective Training With Shrinking Budgets
- Wed, 16 May from 08:00 to 10:00 at Radisson Blu, The Gasworks, Belfast
events/business-pillar-how-to- deliver-more-effective- training-with-shrinking- budgets